Tuesday 2 September 2008

Belfast to Lisburn in 10 Minutes by Train

I was told by a friend who regularly travels from Belfast to Lisburn that unusually the train takes minutes, on further probing of the point they said, four minutes. Every time I tried to take the express service, I always characteristically of me missed it.

Yesterday for the first time used the express service on the C3K CAF trains, and thought I would time the journey. It took just over ten minutes, an average of 47mph for the 7.8 mile journey (assuming road distance), not bad point to point, and during peak travel hours, a fast an efficient alternative to the car.

Recent Articles
How to Fill the Other Half of the Train?
Train vs. Car ... Lisburn to Belfast
Translink Fares to Rise by 5%

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button