Tuesday 21 October 2008

Video: What's Wrong With What We Eat


What's wrong with our Western style diet, in a fiery and funny talk, New York Times food writer Mark Bittman weighs in on what's wrong with the way we eat now (too much meat, too few plants; too much fast food, too little home cooking), and why it's putting the entire planet at risk.

My diet has long perturbed me, and from this excellent Ted Talk, with Mark Bittman, it does put it into perspective how much meat I (and probably the rest of the world) eat. Not only is it beneficial for our bodies and the environment but no doubt for the health service of the nation who as even Jamie Oliver has said is crippling under the pressure of dietary related illness (or something similar to these words.

I'm going to attempt to change my diet, over the next few weeks and months which in itself is pretty difficult, as I work in the food industry, where there is an abundance of meat related products. My attempt is to reduce meat consumption to half a pound a week. Wish me luck.

Related Articles
How Much CO2 is in Your Breakfast Cereal This Morning?
Food Waste Scheme Hailed Success
Delivered Milk is Cleaner, Greener and Easier to Swallow
Organic Can be Cheaper
Fast Food with a Conscience?

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button