Thursday 29 November 2007

Night Time Christmas Lights

After reading Ruth from Lush's blog today, I had to agree with her latest post. Why do we need to leave street decorative lights on at night when no one can see their twinkling beauty. Why do we use inefficient lights all hours of the morning for no one to enjoy. So it was no surprise as I walked home from a restaurant this morning (slightly tipsy, hence the poor quality pic from my iphone) to the sight of the Christmas decorations glaring at me and only me as I was the only one there to appreciate them. Think of the energy that could be saved should the council just install a timer to knock off earlier, really do we need them on any longer than an hour after the late night shopping has finished?

Oh that almost turned into a rant, am I becoming a grumpy old man already?

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button