Friday 9 May 2008

Why Buy Eco Fashion?

Green is the new black in the world of fashion according to the BBC's new thread magazine online, where you can find out more on ethical fashion, the above video link explains why organic cotton is a must for any eco friendly person, as well as advice on how to dispose of last seasons collection, should you be that way inclined.

For more from the BBC on ethical fashion, and how your garments are made, visit the Thread Magazine website or check out Blood, Sweat and T-Shirts on BBC3 and available on iPlayer. The series follows six young fashion addicts as they experience life as factory workers in India, making clothes for the British high street. Working in the mills of India’s cotton belt and stitch clothes in cramped back rooms, sleeping next to their sewing machine. See how it changes their attitudes to cut-price clothing.

2 comments:

adrian2514 said...

Hey! Thanks for the great info about Eco Fasion. It does seem that green is the new black!

I was browsing through a bunch of green websites and blogs and I came across yours and found it very interesting. There are a bunch of others I like too, like the daily green, ecorazzi and earthlab.com. I especially like EarthLab.com’s carbon calculator (http://www.earthlab.com/signupprofile/). I find it really easy to use (it doesn’t make me feel guilty after I take it).

Are there any others you would recommend? Can you drop me a link to your favorites (let me know if they are the same as mine).

roxy v said...

Adrian2514,

I came across lots of green sites too. and also found them quite interesting. I'm not the "Go Green! Hug the tree" type, but I found this site that made caring for the environment interesting. AND...I found lots of great tips that made going green easier for me from:
http://oilheatamerica.com/index.mv?screen=bioheat.

I thought I would have to change my entire life style but I didn’t. I work for NORA and I've been encouraged to find out more about the green trend.

If you're looking for more info make sure you check out that site. ENJOY!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button