Saturday 8 December 2007

The Wall of Open Doors

Wall of Shame


After ranting about companies keeping their doors open, and the waste generated by such practices, I promised I would go out on the streets and get some evidence of which companies were the big offenders. After some procrastination due to bad weather, I eventually went out on to the streets today (as I had to do something else for work anyway) to take some pictures of national companies that simply don't want to close their doors. Today was cold, wet, windy and miserable (it rained for 3 hours before I went out, and I was almost blown off my feet as I walked down the street, so you would like to think that UK retailers would be closing the doors to keep their staff and customers warm. If you thought this you would be wrong. Above is a montage of pictures with the offenders on the day. I will be out again some day in the next week at another location to take more pictures. I will email most of today's offenders asking what their company policy is on the issue. If I get any replies I will add them to the post.

On a positive note most small independent retailers kept their doors shut and some big names such as Orange and Boots also kept their doors closed.

If you would like to add to the montage please email your pics to support@howtosaveenergy.co.uk

List of Shame (Please Click on linked store to read their response to our queries);
Argos
Birthday's
The Body Shop
Bon Marche
Burton
The Carphone Warehouse
Clockwork Orange
French Connection
Game
Holland & Barrett
Mothercare (automated doors permanently open)
Next
O2
Oxfam
River Island
Thornton's
Top Shop
Vodafone
Waterstones
Woolworths (automated doors permanently open)

List of Fame;
Action Cancer
Boots
Cancer Research
Orange
The Post Office
Specsavers

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button