Monday 10 September 2007

The Green Provocateur

After reading "The Green Provocateur" and Donnachadh McCarthy's attempt to take on corporate organisations head on, I was to a certain degree pleased to see that the response from individuals, the corporates and the blogging communinty, here, here and here, in most cases was polite and positive. Which had me thinking about doing the same thing, for I had been thinking for several weeks about contacting Northern Ireland Railways regarding lighting on trains and in certain stations, but had resisted believing that my comments most likely will be overlooked, disregarded or seem hypocritical, but then why would a company disregard the potential of saving hundreds or thousands of pounds a year for a few minutes work. For the next year I plan to follow the green provocateur's lead by enlightening corporates in my local area with ideas on how to reduce their impact and reduce their overheads. Starting with a target of 1 000 tonnes of CO2, and no doubt gradually increasing to 10 000 and so on, I will update progress in the comments section.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button